The Wize Commerce platform uses big data and statistical methods to drive optimal monetization and ROI for our customers.
It all starts with predictive modeling.
To succeed in a simple system, you gotta have a gimmick (or so they say). But when you’re dealing with complex digital systems—with massive streams of real-time and offline data at every step of the way—you need powerful algorithms to beat the competition.
Like our merchant customers, we use algorithms every day to solve a myriad of challenges, including social interest identification, mobile conversion improvement techniques, SEM keyword selection and bidding, page optimization, product recommendations and ROI projections to optimize cross-channel marketing spend.
But for us, two things are different.
The first is our scale. We create over $1B worth of transactions per year, and have been delivering competitively unbeatable results for over a decade, working with many of the world’s biggest sellers across a huge range of categories.
The second is how much skin we have in the game. The nature of our business is that we have millions of dollars invested in keyword bids and other traffic and revenue optimization techniques at any one time. Essentially, we’ve “bet” the money before we‘ve even begun. So our forecasts better be accurate.
Predictive modeling is at the core of what we do and how we think. Statistical methods drive our technology, which in turn drives our statistical methods… and this virtuous cycle is what drives our business. Over ten years, millions of scenarios, and hundreds of product categories, we’ve developed our algorithms to predict:
- Quantitative ad value for different sites and publishers
- Optimal search rankings and recommendations
- Optimal weightings of social signals at each step of the purchase process
Behind the scenes, we use Hadoop for data aggregation, and Hive and Cassandra to store and access data across millions of products and user profiles. And we’re always refining. Search algorithm changes last year delivered significant revenue lift on Nextag.com and these algorithms are now used across many of our Shopping Network sites to optimize different objective functions.
Because we’re an independent service provider, when we win, our merchant customers win as well. Here are two common traps we help with:
- The big search, social, and content ecosystems have created enormous value, but their business models are essentially extractive: merchants who work directly with or optimize only for only one ecosystem are essentially playing blackjack against the house—and the house always wins. The Wize Commerce platform uses predictive modeling to optimize traffic and monetization across all channels, not just one.
- Over time, individual merchants tend to develop deep expertise in their own data and catalog and the unique quirks of their business. But the danger of narrow specialization is that you optimize the wrong thing, and ignore a trend, signal, or important technique that could help you. We’re expert at such techniques, as our Silhouette, our in-store optimization service, and others demonstrate with real results.
Contact us to learn more about how Wize Commerce predictive modeling expertise can boost your traffic and revenue performance.